I'm starting to care less now
Why be ashamed?
If I can't help who I am
Then why bother hiding?
Am I afraid of what people will say?
Will my parents send me away?
Is that what I fear?
Or is it the way society's built?
Maybe, oh I don't know.
I fully don't get why
I feel the need to hide away
A years worth of memories.
The days will go
Maybe I'll tell, who knows?
I feel the days escaping
When I could go out and not care
Who hates me.
I was born this way
So why should I care?
I've known since I was young
I didn't choose this.
Insecurity? I don't know...
I just feel my day coming
When I won't give a crap
And for once, be myself.
Kelsey Joe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Coming Out by Kelsey Joe )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Power, Rahman Henry
- today the body tomorrow the heart, RIC S. BASTASA
- Blocks Of Puzzle Pieces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the price you pay of course, is loss of .., RIC S. BASTASA
- time does not sleep this time. the windo.., RIC S. BASTASA
- something that is better if uncertain, RIC S. BASTASA
- You pour your mercy., RIC S. BASTASA
- 413, Narcia Lily
- To drive a point, i collect pebbles and .., RIC S. BASTASA
- I follow the smoke, and sigh, RIC S. BASTASA