A friend I once trusted
And she trusted me
But now our friendship is ruined.
I can't tell her anything
Nor she with me
It's upsetting to me.
Who do I talk to
In my cold hard times?
I stand alone again.
I wish there was someone
I could just talk to whenever
But it can't work out that way.
I feel like no one here in this cold town
Can be trusted to much.
Don't you see?
You may think you know me.
But I trust no one.
Except a far-away friend.
I talk to her
When I get the chance
Otherwise life is a flop.
I miss our friendship,
I want to trust again.
But I guess it was just to much to ask.
Kelsey Joe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost Friendship by Kelsey Joe )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Angler's Ballad, Charles Cotton
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush
- Irony of the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Don't Cry, Kyle Schlicher