A friend I once trusted
And she trusted me
But now our friendship is ruined.
I can't tell her anything
Nor she with me
It's upsetting to me.
Who do I talk to
In my cold hard times?
I stand alone again.
I wish there was someone
I could just talk to whenever
But it can't work out that way.
I feel like no one here in this cold town
Can be trusted to much.
Don't you see?
You may think you know me.
But I trust no one.
Except a far-away friend.
I talk to her
When I get the chance
Otherwise life is a flop.
I miss our friendship,
I want to trust again.
But I guess it was just to much to ask.
Kelsey Joe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost Friendship by Kelsey Joe )
- FUTURE GROWING DISMAL, Donald R Charon
- S. Truett Cathy - In Memory, Bill Grace
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)