Where is common people?
We are now using them
For our own selfish ends.
Common people are the lords
Of democracy and in parliamentary
Forms of Government and
They are unpleasant.
Common people are in poverty
And they are being used as play things.
We the politicians, we the officers
Are the servants of common people
And we realized it at least
During elections, we care for
Common people, see here at this time.
Are we not impure wretch?
Are we not perpetual enemy of common people?
It is true, we have not given up ours
Lust, greed and vanity, see, we are very passionate.
We have forgotten our service towards common people
And we are the enemy of entire land,
We have sought shelter in common people.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Common People by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus