India is all set for the Commonwealth Games,2010,
It is a popular topic of discussion among most men, women and children.
Thanks to the C.G.F’s* decision,
India will soon become a popular tourist destination.
Formerly known as the “British Empire Games”,
It was first conceptualized in the land of the Thames.
Four separate teams represent England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland,
In 2014, the Games will be held in Glasgow, Scotland.
Many new bridges, buses and buildings have come up in Delhi,
The Delhi Metro has changed the definition of commuting, entirely.
There seems to be a shopping mall in every nook and corner,
A lot of money is being spent on infrastructure.
It is the nineteenth edition of the Commonwealth Games,
And the ninth to be held, under this name.
Every Indian is waiting for this event,
The bond between the commonwealth countries, it will certainly, cement.
(*Commonwealth Games Federation)
Supriya Prathapan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Commonwealth Games,2010 by Supriya Prathapan )
- Why Must There Be Dragonflies?, Stephen Warren Williams
- Enough is Enough!, Shaila Touchton
- For Boy George (The First Time I Saw You), Dave Alan Walker
- Acceptance, Barbara Dixion
- The Pendulum of Life, bryan wallace
- Sentiments Of Love, Louis Borgo
- Forever Free, courtney metcalf
- Rage Against the Machine, Amber Hardisty
- Out, Barbara Dixion
- Raindrop Ambitions, Ailill Ailill
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1644 - 1694)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)