C-ompassion is showing sympathy
O-n this special day we emphasize empathy
M-eaning of compassion is co-suffering
P-ity and concern for others genuinely exhibiting.
A-ltruism is amply manifested
S-heltering and embracing the distressed
S-elflessly serving the ones under privileged.
I-n numerous philosophies it is a great virtue
O-pen- hearted jumping in, others too rescue
N-atural and an innate longing for helping others!
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
*Today (28-6-13) is World Compassion Day!
Comments about this poem (Compassion (Acrostic) by chandra thiagarajan )
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
- Portrait, Md. Mujib Ullah
- Childhood Never Returns, Md. Mujib Ullah
- I Am A Happy Old Man, Shalom Freedman
- Intoxicating Hemlock, Md. Mujib Ullah
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)