We are not Amoebas,
The first Cell?
We are Complex Cells,
Made in Heaven and in Hell,
Do I not sound well?
No, I am not well,
I continually delve,
Into the History of our Past,
The History the gods have denied,
So that mortals Never know the Truth.
But I Want to Know!
I want to defy the gods!
And tell them it isn't so,
That we are but clay,
And other chemicals,
That we do not know.
I want Love to Save the World,
When I know it can't be Saved!
We are such low creatures,
Life is complex,
And from the beginning,
Truth was quickly seized
Guillotined and buried.
Sandra Feldman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
We are so weak!
Comments about this poem (Complex, Complicated by Sandra Feldman )
Did you read them?
- You, Arich Cole
- Remembered With The Best Thoughts Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Never From You To Leave, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Perfect Balancing Of Creativity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remaining Respectful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loyal Friendship, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Invisible, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- Separating Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Subsequent Melody, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- The Catalyst, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)