Lawrence S. Pertillar
Consideration and Compassion
I want to digest your thought process.
I stopped to provide you with assistance,
To fix your flat tire.
And you tell me you are late for a meeting?
I am taking longer than you had expected?
That I should show more consideration,
'What do you think you are doing to my car.
You're taking the air out of my other tires.
And you haven't put the spare on.
YOU are going to cause ME to get fired! '
With an attitude like yours,
I am sure you are not missed.
Any compassion I 'use' to have,
Will be left to your memory.
I'm outta here!
You mistake me for some other monkey.
And you have become deluded by 'this' zoo!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consideration and Compassion by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Something nags me!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Cosmology, Don Tiedemann
- In Lamplight, Don Tiedemann
- Denouncing Trinity, Richard Thripp
- A Hollow Spaceship, Richard Thripp
- My Worn Heart, Liilia Talts Morrison
- 1912 through 1916, Richard Thripp
- Monarch Butterfly, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Mooch Winnipeg, jerome moore
- yer mom hath a lithp, Mandolyn Davidson