In this era of computers there is now global villages,
Nations compromise with united economic packages.
Many seek to cement unified and beneficial trade,
Goals to enable world markets in profits to bathe.
Break bread to snap the chains of restricted progress,
Violence, violations and intimidation they address.
Alas! Kashmir land of such sweet beauty still caged,
Occupation by hostile forces dim progress' new age.
All levels of existence dominated by Neanderthals,
Restrictions on all that we do, no fundamentals.
Public officials with no honor or honest dispositions,
Hollow promises of changes with no convictions.
Complaints fall on uninterested officials ears,
A country so proud and lovely brought to tears!
Perveiz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Corrupted Beauty by Perveiz Ali )
- Life is a dream, glen salem
- Finding STeps, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Good & Bad, Priyanka Gupta
- Interaction, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dial My Heart, Edward Kofi Louis
- Erato My Muse Of Love Poetry. (Part 3), Erato
- Set Aside Your Fear, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Twitter, gajanan mishra
- Sliding Gracefully, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tiny Beetle, Paul Gerard Reed
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)