I do promise to abandon selfish individuality,
To work for us determinedly for an eternity.
Hand in hand with trust through every calamity,
To bridge the gap for creation of our sweet unity.
From the cup of mutual awareness we drink,
Our love will take us out to the Galaxy's brink.
No rage towards you shall I deem to display,
All things dark and evil will I ban this day.
Sweet is my passion for you, free of enmity,
To you this day I pledge my undying loyalty.
In my love you are entrusted, the best of care,
Guarding you my precious pearl so very rare.
Perveiz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Editted by: Carl Pontiak
Comments about this poem (Love Oath by Perveiz Ali )
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher