I do promise to abandon selfish individuality,
To work for us determinedly for an eternity.
Hand in hand with trust through every calamity,
To bridge the gap for creation of our sweet unity.
From the cup of mutual awareness we drink,
Our love will take us out to the Galaxy's brink.
No rage towards you shall I deem to display,
All things dark and evil will I ban this day.
Sweet is my passion for you, free of enmity,
To you this day I pledge my undying loyalty.
In my love you are entrusted, the best of care,
Guarding you my precious pearl so very rare.
Perveiz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Editted by: Carl Pontiak
Comments about this poem (Love Oath by Perveiz Ali )
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Angel, William Blake
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)