I do promise to abandon selfish individuality,
To work for us determinedly for an eternity.
Hand in hand with trust through every calamity,
To bridge the gap for creation of our sweet unity.
From the cup of mutual awareness we drink,
Our love will take us out to the Galaxy's brink.
No rage towards you shall I deem to display,
All things dark and evil will I ban this day.
Sweet is my passion for you, free of enmity,
To you this day I pledge my undying loyalty.
In my love you are entrusted, the best of care,
Guarding you my precious pearl so very rare.
Perveiz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Editted by: Carl Pontiak
Comments about this poem (Love Oath by Perveiz Ali )
- Musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TRUST, maharshi trivedi
- Alone in December, James Anthony Creamer
- Mind Albums, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Nerd's Way of Thinking, James Anthony Creamer
- Need, Akhtar Jawad
- A Poem for You, James Anthony Creamer
- My Nephews, James Anthony Creamer
- Alone in January, James Anthony Creamer
- Taking Spirits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)