Cousins Are Sometimes the Best Friends You Could Ask For
We were introduced in no unusual way,
But I will never forget that first day.
He went to shake my hand
But saw that they were full,
But it really didn't matter
The bond was already there.
We connected quickly
And though I was shy
And under the impression that guys have cooties
The conversation began to flow
And the next thing we knew, we were buddies.
Now we are truly close
Though so far apart
And he could never know
How much he's touched my heart.
Before I met him,
Girls were all I knew,
I didn't talk to guys,
I didn't really know how to.
But he helped me with that
And encouraged me when I was down.
I know I can talk to him
About things I'm going through
And when I'm sad
Smiling he can make me do.
He's really sweet
And a truly great guy
He can make me happy
When I'm ready to cry
And even though we're cousins by blood
I think of him as more of a brother
I can't always see
Yet when I need him,
He's there for me.
beautiful imperfection's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cousins Are Sometimes the Best Friends You Could Ask For by beautiful imperfection )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(c. 600 BCE)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget
- Out-of-body Experience, Colm Keenan
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam