Cousins Are Sometimes the Best Friends You Could Ask For
We were introduced in no unusual way,
But I will never forget that first day.
He went to shake my hand
But saw that they were full,
But it really didn't matter
The bond was already there.
We connected quickly
And though I was shy
And under the impression that guys have cooties
The conversation began to flow
And the next thing we knew, we were buddies.
Now we are truly close
Though so far apart
And he could never know
How much he's touched my heart.
Before I met him,
Girls were all I knew,
I didn't talk to guys,
I didn't really know how to.
But he helped me with that
And encouraged me when I was down.
I know I can talk to him
About things I'm going through
And when I'm sad
Smiling he can make me do.
He's really sweet
And a truly great guy
He can make me happy
When I'm ready to cry
And even though we're cousins by blood
I think of him as more of a brother
I can't always see
Yet when I need him,
He's there for me.
beautiful imperfection's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cousins Are Sometimes the Best Friends You Could Ask For by beautiful imperfection )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ndofta per te fundit here, skender iljaz braka
- Rreth zjarrit, skender iljaz braka
- Dhe pse plakemi, skender iljaz braka
- Pavdekesi, skender iljaz braka
- Sfide e perjetshme, skender iljaz braka
- Heshtja e lumit, skender iljaz braka
- Rrëpirave të thepisura të hënës, skender iljaz braka
- Pas teje vrapoja, skender iljaz braka
- Takim miqesh..., skender iljaz braka
- Loti i engjellit dhe loti i djallit, skender iljaz braka