Mark R Slaughter
Curse of Lust
O Lust! you're burning holes in our affair.
We lost our brazen face without a care-
Flaunting all in front of those who scowled,
Laughing at the doleful - e'er we howled!
Ironically, our sneering turned inside
To out the damage, tear apart our pride.
We saw we'd fallen for the devil's dust!
So let's in shame the blade to take and thrust!
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Lust lust lust lust lust
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Curse of Lust by Mark R Slaughter )
Did you read them?
- Underpants, Phil Soar
- fastest ever runner, lee fones
- Vespers, Naveed Khalid
- A Walk In The Twilight, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Morning, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love, Naveed Khalid
- Puppetry, Naveed Khalid
- The Nebbish's Flash of Insight, Lawrence Beck
- Incorporeal, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAI.., MOHAMMAD SKATI