LOVE_AND HATE_ Lyle Ashwyn Holland
'Cursed With A Blessing'
You have a gift like no other,
Getting hurt by your so called 'lover'_
For the beautiful girls out there getting used _
Mentally, emotionally and sexually abused_
There are scars, not on your face.
But your heart is bruised_
So you tempt to hide it in the dark,
Praying you didn't leave a trail of clues_
A curse or a blessing?
If only you got choose_
Your beauty is your curse,
Being treated as a muse_
Cursed by a blessing,
With Body language wrote in cursive.
Open eyes to this world,
That's a show with Closing curtains_
What is life to you girl?
And What am I to you now?
Searching for love,
just to find out it was only a Visage_
All that Make up on your face,
Covered by an impenetrable mirage_
Surrounded by friends,
Who think small... But Live Large_
Your brain is a maze, and amazing.
Their's are just a 2 park garage_
So shallow, a lot of fellows say hello...
But marriage material? Hell No!
Are you though? I'd guess so_
Looking like a princess,
These guys want you trapped so...
If you become a mommy(mummy)
You'll be cursed like a Pharaoh_
Cursed by society,
You are blessed physically_
But you have a cursed life,
That you apparently live for free_
You deserve to be a Mrs.
So you get missed so Miserably_
I spot you, you're never missed.
You are witnessed so vividly_
But if you need a smile girl,
you can always visit me_
LOVE_AND HATE_ Lyle Ashwyn Holland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Cursed With A Blessing' by LOVE_AND HATE_ Lyle Ashwyn Holland )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham