Dali's Stopwatch: A Hearing (1)
who comes by this way
whether it be from fields of history
law medicine philosophy or physics
must renounce all understanding of self
and embark upon the voyage
returning to chaos and beginning
wherein there is no end, to nihilism
wherein is only possibility,
wherein space-time future past
melt away in all consuming now.
eternal fire within burns this argument.
we, the weavers of dreams
on the horizon of future of Man,
beyond time, the monolith reveal
here, inter-dimensional hemisphere
beyond borders of dragon's mask
spiral of evolution to unfold.
ref: Salvador Dali (1904 - 1989) : The Persistence of Memory (1931)
doug bentley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dali's Stopwatch: A Hearing (1) by doug bentley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- swallow, mina lotfi
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel
- foliage, snehanair manikkath