Who is out there?
All I can see is black.
Why am I here?
Who will ever know?
Why am I the blood-red tulip amongst the darkness?
The single angel amongst demons.
The darkness is bleak,
I'm the only ray of hope.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness. by MaddiiAnne O'Leary )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The worst is not the best anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- بےچینی تمھارے بنا, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Fear of Falling, Sierra Staten
- The Story That Doesn't End, Sierra Staten
- Combined Simple Aspect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Person and Personality, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Light Up The Lamp Within You, Amitava Sur
- About the Bone xx xxx xx Improvisa.., Lee Mack
- To A Place Beyond Hell, Paula Glynn
- WHAT A SHAME! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- it will happen like this, Mandolyn ...