The unreliable appearance of an angel.
Wings white in the wind.
A golden ring rests atop your rusted horns.
The beauty you radiate, must be from below.
Holy bullshit, you're beautiful.
I'm chained by my chest.
My heart beats with your every breath.
You've become my slave owner.
You swallowed the key.
Let me out, I beg...
My liberation lies in your lips.
My love of life from the motion in your hips.
Free me, teach me, allow me to live and love once more.
And if that does not please you...
Make me suffer no more.
In this game for two, I'm a single player.
Forced forever, to play alone.
Never will I know the true experience
Having a partner would make me complete.
My heart as though just one half.
The other part of me is gone forever....
I'll never know how I did it.
You became what I lost.
... save me from this broken life
In death Id be more free
Well, I suppose its settled then.
You... must now kill me...
Albert Witz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness by Albert Witz )
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)