The unreliable appearance of an angel.
Wings white in the wind.
A golden ring rests atop your rusted horns.
The beauty you radiate, must be from below.
Holy bullshit, you're beautiful.
I'm chained by my chest.
My heart beats with your every breath.
You've become my slave owner.
You swallowed the key.
Let me out, I beg...
My liberation lies in your lips.
My love of life from the motion in your hips.
Free me, teach me, allow me to live and love once more.
And if that does not please you...
Make me suffer no more.
In this game for two, I'm a single player.
Forced forever, to play alone.
Never will I know the true experience
Having a partner would make me complete.
My heart as though just one half.
The other part of me is gone forever....
I'll never know how I did it.
You became what I lost.
... save me from this broken life
In death Id be more free
Well, I suppose its settled then.
You... must now kill me...
Albert Witz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness by Albert Witz )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Dr John Celes
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque
- After So Many Days You Called, Md. Ziaul Haque