The unreliable appearance of an angel.
Wings white in the wind.
A golden ring rests atop your rusted horns.
The beauty you radiate, must be from below.
Holy bullshit, you're beautiful.
I'm chained by my chest.
My heart beats with your every breath.
You've become my slave owner.
You swallowed the key.
Let me out, I beg...
My liberation lies in your lips.
My love of life from the motion in your hips.
Free me, teach me, allow me to live and love once more.
And if that does not please you...
Make me suffer no more.
In this game for two, I'm a single player.
Forced forever, to play alone.
Never will I know the true experience
Having a partner would make me complete.
My heart as though just one half.
The other part of me is gone forever....
I'll never know how I did it.
You became what I lost.
... save me from this broken life
In death Id be more free
Well, I suppose its settled then.
You... must now kill me...
Albert Witz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness by Albert Witz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Silent Rebel (baby!), Fie KroC
- The Book Tree Forest, mary douglas
- My Grandfather in Broadmoor, Little Rock.., mary douglas
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas