Date With A Bride
A sweet tension
Was going on in my mind,
Every body was moving
With their work bind,
Hardly any solace of mind
Was there to find,
People around me
Were behaving of their own kind.
I was proceeding through a road,
No future to me it showed,
The fruit I could take as code,
Yet I am to go through the road.
The tension that I was feeling,
Was she feeling too?
If it was the same,
It was an woo.
The atmosphere was
Calm and quite,
My tension was getting
Broader from light,
No one can hold
The situation tight,
Whatever may be the result
Be regarded as right.
I was sketching
An image of her face,
That I was nourishing
From my tender age,
If the sketch of
Imagination is she,
Nobody would be
Happier as me.
I was sitting quiet
On a chair,
The tension grew
Was hard to bear,
The moment precious
Was coming near,
What would be the result
Wanted to hear.
At last the long waited
Fortune played with me
As a blame game,
She was not the girl
I was cherishing by name.
She would be a beauty
And of fame.
When shall I find her
Who I cherish?
Hug her chest
And love her to perish.
Now 'am preparing
for another moment to come,
What I'hv got and yet to get -
Figuring out the sum.
Uttam Biswas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Date With A Bride by Uttam Biswas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(18 February 1934 – 17 November 1992)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- vocal cords caught in the keyboard, Mandolyn ...
- Insanity 2, Daimon Bagley
- Insanity, Daimon Bagley
- Words with no Rhyme or Reason, Holly Wotherspoon
- Who Am I Here? #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- To My Wife, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon