Dear Mr. Saggy Pants
Now if you knew me well you would know,
I would watch anything but a fashion show.
I am definitely not at all into Haute Couture,
I never could understand the great allure.
I never subscribed to Vogue, Fashion, or Elle.
Nor to Marie Claire, InStyle, and Mademoiselle.
And although you might find it rather bizarre,
You'd never catch me reading Harper's Bazaar.
So when it comes to the latest fashion trends,
You are better off asking some of my friends.
And maybe if I had myself some deeper pockets,
I would shop in places other than marts and outlets.
But as it stands, my greatest shopping accomplishment,
Is finding clothes I can wear on sale or on consignment.
Yet even I, with my limited knowledge and sense of fashion,
Cannot offer guys with saggy pants any form of compassion.
To me, seeing their underwear high above their pants waist,
Is not a sign of revolution and free expression; just bad taste.
And although it started in prison and was first worn by some Rapper,
Trust me guys you look far from cool, fly, phat, badass, or dapper.
So come on, do yourself and your sweet honey a big huge favor,
Pull up them pants, tighten that belt, and hide your underwear for later.
(c) 2013 copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Mr. Saggy Pants by Elena Plotkin )
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Washerman's Ass Find I Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thanksgiving, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)