Can't tell the sun
not to rise.
I'll let darkness rein
if only i could manage.
This is one moment
no one let's go.
To stay by your side
not to see you go away.
Why should man be greedy
to desire more than you?
Here with me
is all I prayed for.
Maybe am lost
just within my orchard.
It's fun though;
everywhere is home and warm.
Your arms are securing,
your words are comforting.
Am caged in your love
with a fire pillar around me.
fate mcfate's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear She, by fate mcfate )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Don't Brake The Wings, Arno Le Roux
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy