Can't tell the sun
not to rise.
I'll let darkness rein
if only i could manage.
This is one moment
no one let's go.
To stay by your side
not to see you go away.
Why should man be greedy
to desire more than you?
Here with me
is all I prayed for.
Maybe am lost
just within my orchard.
It's fun though;
everywhere is home and warm.
Your arms are securing,
your words are comforting.
Am caged in your love
with a fire pillar around me.
fate mcfate's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear She, by fate mcfate )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- Wash Out, Tina Chan
- Lucid Awake Changing Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Never Easy To Make, Tina Chan
- Sorry, Tina Chan
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser