Death is curt, death is cold,
Death is new, death is old.
Death is no summer, death is no fall;
It is for one, it is for all.
It is no low mist, nor a dark cloud,
Donne is mistaken: death is not proud.
Death is a player in the stage-
It is man's reason for his age.
Death is a cause, it is a reason;
It is Life's changing season.
Death is one moment too long;
Death is one reason beyond.
Copyright © SC
5th March 1982
Subroto Chatterjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by Subroto Chatterjee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...