He comes with grim finality
With no qualms, takes the toll.
All prayers shelved desolately,
Cutting off life is his call.
He comes uninvited but on time
Never missed a job to do
Some may leave before their prime,
But he doesn't explain to me or you.
Even Age to him's no barrier
He comes as swiftly as the wind
His venue can be anywhere
Our finite contract to rescind.
Ways of termination vary
In sleep or in disastrous ways
In war or in a monstrous spree
He speaks finale to our days.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Death (Quatrains) by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery