A Father's Tears (Free Verse)
Like a cruel wrench
Gripped his heart
And crushed, it bled
A father's tears.
No words define
His anguished grief
A wretched loss
His own son...
The baby he carried
In his arms
In paternal love
Now broken, scarred
A shriveled man
His father's eyes
He would take him back
To be his child
Return him safely
To his past
No war could touch him
His eyes see through
My boy, my son!
What have they done?
Your life a mangled mess
What's left to do?
These father's tears
Will not replace
The boy, the man
That I once knew!
May 12,2009 Tarlac City Philippines
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Father's Tears (Free Verse) by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Cherishing Small Things, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- As I love you, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Lonley Nights, Michael McParland
- I Cant Afford To..., Bieze Josephat
- Life's Bizarre Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- War's Homecoming, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rome, Osip Emilevich Mandelstam
- LET MORE ROOM FOR LOVE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- His Santa Claus, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pa And The Monthly Bills, Edgar Albert Guest