O’ Death, where’s your sting?
Can you kill my spirit being?
When new life comes through death,
Satan, where’s your vengeful wrath?
Ha! Death is, indeed, inevitable!
It is the golden key to eternal life!
O’ Death where’s your firepower
When victory’s in total surrender?
Prince of Darkness, you must cower
Christ’s death, made man a conqueror
Hearts become wise through pain and tears
Strength comes through man’s weakness
Character comes through suffering
And character brings the joy of hoping
Death is not a loss but a prize won,
By a wink of an eye: in paradise, born.
You bring worry as thousand deaths
With fear: destroy man’s Godly faith
Countless many under you, slave
Still many alive, rushing to the grave
You deceived man of salvation history
Still walking many into the death-valley
‘I am the resurrection and the life.
He who believes in Me, though he may die,
he shall live.’ John 11: 25
Christ on the Cross, paid ransom for many
His death, price of redemptive victory!
By His ignominious death, man is free!
O’ Sir Death, where’s your stinging victory?
Paul Sebastian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Death's Sting by Paul Sebastian )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Coming from, gajanan mishra
- I'd pluck the stars for flowers, Mark Heathcote
- A necessity, gajanan mishra
- Sarakara aapananka dwarare, gajanan mishra
- Man: A proud species, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- ONly needed, hasmukh amathalal
- Govt at people's door, gajanan mishra
- Nothing Going On, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Shoebox Of Poetry, louis rams
- Releasing Sorrow's Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak