Death Waits For No One
Death waits for no one
But death where is your sting?
Even though we completely understand the reasons why,
death continues to silence us all, as we sigh.
Yes death creeps in as moments passes by,
unenviable, sadly it comes,
unexpectedly it waits for no one,
not even I.
“come follow me, ”
as I once read on a tomb
“come follow me to a place where your tracts are
Treading after me, is where you will end up to be.
And as death suddenly drenches the living in a deep gaze,
remember to use your abilities to laugh, smile, love
and above all praise.
For even though Satin through Adam and Eve
locked us up In chains,
God through Jesus ransom sacrifice released our pains.
Yes, death waits for no one, but death where is your sting?
“Where is your sting? ”
As we the living praise Jah,
in death we will silently wait for our King! .
Esther Ayala's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Waits For No One by Esther Ayala )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 November 1771 – 30 April 1854)
- Mark Strand
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- Double Rainbow, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Infinite Love, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Christmas Tale, Gergana Teofilova
- None Sweeter, Michael P. McParland
- Not Yet Slept, Michael P. McParland
- No Other, Michael P. McParland
- Blue Hope, maryline vautravers
- No More Yelling, Michael P. McParland
- No Greater Love, Michael P. McParland
- Nightlife, Michael P. McParland