Death Waits For No One
Death waits for no one
But death where is your sting?
Even though we completely understand the reasons why,
death continues to silence us all, as we sigh.
Yes death creeps in as moments passes by,
unenviable, sadly it comes,
unexpectedly it waits for no one,
not even I.
“come follow me, ”
as I once read on a tomb
“come follow me to a place where your tracts are
Treading after me, is where you will end up to be.
And as death suddenly drenches the living in a deep gaze,
remember to use your abilities to laugh, smile, love
and above all praise.
For even though Satin through Adam and Eve
locked us up In chains,
God through Jesus ransom sacrifice released our pains.
Yes, death waits for no one, but death where is your sting?
“Where is your sting? ”
As we the living praise Jah,
in death we will silently wait for our King! .
Esther Ayala's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Waits For No One by Esther Ayala )
- Hotel, Randy Resh
- I SLEEP FOR A FEW DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- I SLEEP FOR A DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Modern Indian English Poetess, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Soul, Richard Bretton
- A Single Sentence…, Doyen Lingua
- Enviable Death, Doyen Lingua
- Awake, Michael McParland
- Rescue the Poor Eves!, Dr John Celes
- Extend hand at once, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)