I take a walk on the lonely road,
All around me, the mist is swirling itself sadly.
Unlike me, it seems to know what it wants,
If I knew the ugliness of the mist,
I might have never stepped out on the road,
But now it's there, preparing to emacipate me,
I know not where to run, what to do,
I blindly hit out at the unseen enemy,
Too late, for I can't even see my own hand,
The dampness firghtens me,
the blindness weakens me,
In horrified helplessness, I sit down all at once,
And then it happens, there is no road below me,
And down I go into the bottomless nadir of uncertainity,
I prepare myself for the fall, which I fear,
will numb my senses and hurt my psyche,
I wonder why at all I ventured out into this,
And now while falling,
I realise that there's no return from this point.
The deepening mist has indeed taken its toll.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deepening Mist by Anees Kinikar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...
- Lee F. Majors, Richard Thripp
- All Dogs Go 2 Heaven, Richard Flappa
- Smashed Potatoes, Richard Thripp
- From Our Father, louis rams
- Mutually, unwillingly lets go to bed, binod bastola
- The Sacrifice, Richard Flappa
- The Art Of Living ll, Morgan Michaels
- Eid Mubarak!, gajanan mishra