O Anna Niemus
Definition Of Pro Life
Prolife means no babybombing in Iraq or elsewhere.
Prolife means not to eat animals' murdered corpses called meat.
Prolife means not supporting state murder.. called execution.
Prolife means not killing insects.
Prolife means not harming plants.
There are many human chauvinists who call themselves
prolife but are unconscious about the Divinity Dance in all
beings. Two of the unconscious were Thomas Aquinas
and Augustine, who taught that animals had no souls,
while Francis of Assisi, Anthony of Padua, Clare,
and Mary knew otherwise.
(The above poem is not an opinion either way in the prolife
prochoice debate, for the writer not being omniscient has no
right to judge.
Most of us still kill insects with cars or by purchasing insecticide
sprayed food or in other ways.
Most of us still kill plants.
Yet each day we pray for grace to do better.)
O Anna Niemus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Definition Of Pro Life by O Anna Niemus )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- How Irritating, Margaret Alice Second
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen