Lawrence S. Pertillar
Depictions May Solicit Unhealthy Images
Controversy and the raising of eyebrows,
Produces the same affect.
From those who prepare to protest,
The reading of an epic.
That depicts within its pages,
A newborn being breast fed.
And the author is neither married.
Or has children.
And the one who has written this epic,
May be a male who describes.
His own upbringing.
Upsetting those who believe,
His depictions may solicit unhealthy images.
To those who are children,
Already experienced at downloading pornography.
On their cellphones.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Depictions May Solicit Unhealthy Images by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- do you love this?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Verbal Abuse Of Controlling People, Lilly Emery
- Into the rain, Tom Squires
- Come, Come... ~~~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- missing the exit, Mandolyn Davidson
- Retirement, Ruth Walters
- Abs to Heart, Lonnie Hicks
- Better New Days, Rinji Kwarkas
- When KKK is Gay, Jack Abootydallah
- Oak Tree where The Black Birds Sleep, Lilly Emery