Whispers and soft kisses in the dark,
Eyes shining from the light of the candles,
Inside I can feel you reaching for me.
I can't bear this pain,
For I only have you for this short time,
But need you eternally.
Our presence pass so quickly,
Yet seem to last forever.
I can't wait another lifetime,
For our souls to be together.
With every era,
It's the same,
A few stolen moments,
In which we never feel shame.
Maybe in the next eon,
We will finally be as one,
Like destiny had designed.
Until then, my love,
I am forever yours,
The stars as your guide.
Leigh Ladd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Destiny? by Leigh Ladd )
- For Time was deep, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Cant Have You, Tracee Olga
- A verse A chant, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Face of the skeleton, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Throughout, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Days after days after days Are lost., Emmanuel George Cefai
- This night will come As other nights., Emmanuel George Cefai
- In to the slalom, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Life as gift, hasmukh amathalal
- The new and ugly SaykesPeko, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns