' Destiny Calling'
What determines our destiny to be?
What we become, futures predestined to see.
Where will roads lead untill it all ends?
Destiny calling, live's for some predestined to spend.
Why do our lives, create a passion for some?
And then for others, there seems to be none?
Struggling to be what is too far from fingers reach,
Never accomplishing, what it is that you have preached.
Dreams and hopes, they fade in the mist,
Grasping at life, from the dark depth of an abyss.
Looking back at what could, should, may have been,
Lacking that door of opportunity for your passion deep within.
Silver spoons for some placed in the mouths of their young,
Others dying to achieve selling you dreams with forked tongues.
Jokes being played an other's laughter not heard,
Destiny fullfilled at the bottom of a bottle at a curb.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' Destiny Calling' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Azal se aashna..., Azhar Sabri
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest