When I entered his chamber
The boss was shaking with anger
Red faced burning like fire
He thundered “is it for what I hire? ”
I felt inside me a creeping terror
Worried must have done a grave error
Some serious lapse or glaring mistake
That caused him a severe heartbreak.
'see here this ‘are’ where it should be ‘is’
How the hell it escapes your notice
The way you work with closed eyes
You surely don’t deserve a payrise'.
Awhile I bore the brunt of his abuse
Not tried to hide behind an excuse
Then gathering composure and all my will
Blurted “not to err is the job of Devil! ”
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devil's Job by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant
- sticky love fest...messed me up good, Mandolyn ...
- Take a Picture, Katelin Taylor
- The New Life: Fifth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- Again Daddy Again, Tammy Ashton
- Winter flower, ramesh rai
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher
- On Not Needing People, Kyle Schlicher
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...