Lawrence S. Pertillar
Devoted To The Promotion Of It
There is no better message to deliver,
To those who decide to remain blind,
With a preference to keep deluded.
Whose time is really wasted,
When debating the facts...
Over accepted fiction?
Especially when so many are devoted,
To the promotion of it.
Only fools choose to stay ignorant,
After being presented...
A variety of choices from which to make.
Then seek they do an attention to get,
When disappointment solicited comes to visit.
Keeping silent is the key,
For anyone who has discovered...
And wishes to keep,
A peace of mind found to come unexpectedly.
'You're awfully quiet over there.'
I am practicing amnesia.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devoted To The Promotion Of It by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Those Sweetened Beaten Bushes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Immature Minds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- King James, David Lessard
- Waves, gajanan mishra
- having a stroke inside a straight line, Mandolyn Davidson
- leaving is losing a million things to say, Mandolyn Davidson
- Hopeless, David Whalen
- Say, whatever you like, gajanan mishra
- I Hate Time, Sandra Feldman
- Next Door, Anna Linton