Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Devoted To The Promotion Of It
There is no better message to deliver,
To those who decide to remain blind,
With a preference to keep deluded.
Whose time is really wasted,
When debating the facts...
Over accepted fiction?
Especially when so many are devoted,
To the promotion of it.
Only fools choose to stay ignorant,
After being presented...
A variety of choices from which to make.
Then seek they do an attention to get,
When disappointment solicited comes to visit.
Keeping silent is the key,
For anyone who has discovered...
And wishes to keep,
A peace of mind found to come unexpectedly.
'You're awfully quiet over there.'
I am practicing amnesia.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.