Lawrence S. Pertillar
Devoted To The Promotion Of It
There is no better message to deliver,
To those who decide to remain blind,
With a preference to keep deluded.
Whose time is really wasted,
When debating the facts...
Over accepted fiction?
Especially when so many are devoted,
To the promotion of it.
Only fools choose to stay ignorant,
After being presented...
A variety of choices from which to make.
Then seek they do an attention to get,
When disappointment solicited comes to visit.
Keeping silent is the key,
For anyone who has discovered...
And wishes to keep,
A peace of mind found to come unexpectedly.
'You're awfully quiet over there.'
I am practicing amnesia.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devoted To The Promotion Of It by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Divine Union!, Manjuri Neogi
- Never Let Anything Go, Tony Adah
- How Can I Forget You, Akhtar Jawad
- The Music Of The Prayer, Shalom Freedman
- Mere Maula, Mere Maula, Rakesh Sinha
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Art of Disappearing, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Friends Departed, Henry Vaughan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)