All my life I’ve felt different
Like I didn’t belong here
As if I belonged in some magical land of fantasy
A land were unicorns were real,
Magic was possible,
Where dragons breathed fire,
Where fairy tales became true,
Where kings and queens rule over magical domains,
Where fairies fly,
Where Snow Leopards could talk,
Where One could find at Adventure around every corner,
And where everyone lived happily ever after.
A place a writer could imagine,
I would belong in that kind of world.
I would fit in that kind of world.
In this world, I feel like an outsider.
I might not be…
But I have always felt that way.
All my life I've felt different…
Bleeding Heart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Different by Bleeding Heart )
- From Creation To Extravagance, Naveed Akram
- Everlasting, Michael McParland
- Lonely Only, Sunny Chopra
- When it comes to money, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Psalm V, George Herbert
- Open well., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Halloween Meant For Fun, Katherine Nordhaus
- Siberian Tiger, Denis Martindale
- Hanae, Marites C. Cayetano
- Adagio, Elizabeth Shield
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)