I seem really So different
Don't pay attention my difference
See amazing things in my pack!
A delicious fruit you didn't taste
A new word for life, love and faith
Unheard voice, Untouched sense
You ignore me simply, perhaps
My land don't appear in your maps!
Sometimes, indifference is worse than death!
I'm unfamiliar with you, only
You're not accustomed to me.
We grow accustomed to be accustomed!
Respect for difference is found in quotes
In student's book, in intellectual's notes
being difference is So terrible In real world!
Most people choose to be similar,
no doubt, a safe way, a rescuer,
But, I reveal the secret, 'I'm unknown version of you! '
Mehri Mehraban's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Different by Mehri Mehraban )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou