America is not looking after herself,
she is using Americans to look out
for someone else. She has lost her dignity,
her strength, her honor, her respect.
She has become a dirt dog. She is the victim
of her bloody rope, she has become in bondage.
Her Americans are discouraged,
disheartened and blind, their value
of worth and merit are hypocritical.
Their morals are smut, America
is with no hope. She distinguished
herself in the flame of disregard,
look out for me and forget about you.
Greed has strangled her, the bureaucrat,
the business man, the weak liberal has sold
her for a dimes worth of bad reputation.
America for sale from the complaint,
the American complainer, that she is
no good to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Disgrace by Alex Blea )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unravelling / Shock, Nathaniel Tarn
- What you feel, gajanan mishra
- The last indulgence, Piyush Dey
- what you do, gajanan mishra
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall