John Thorkild Ellison
I sighed and wept, then I farted
Thinking of my dear departed,
Imagine how upset I felt
That she couldn't stand the way I smelt!
I haven't had a bath for years,
But surely that's no cause for tears?
If a man can't smell like a rotting bin
What kind of world are we living in?
I reserve the right to fart at will
And burp whenever I've had my fill!
If you don't think that this is fair
You can take your posh ideas elsewhere!
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Disgusting by John Thorkild Ellison )
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
- Agree for help, hasmukh amathalal
- Scriptures, gajanan mishra
- Mazdoor Bachey, Bano Ali
- She Says, Joseph Narusiewicz
- In the Company of my Muse, Valsa George
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)