Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Displays Of Diversity
They insist they wish more displays,
And less racism expressed.
To move forward their policies of democracy.
And yet with their attempts with incompetence made...
They find themselves disqualified.
Since in a suburbanite isolation...
Is the only progress shown they have ever made.
With feelings they know best,
How to save and protect their own interests!
They insist they wish more displays of diversity!
As long as there are more of them...
And fewer minorities!
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.