@ Divine + Machine +
+ Signs and Symbols, around the nave-entrée
i –the distance across the young and the old;
you –the battle between the he and the she
behold, all you sons and daughters of Mary
+ Songs and Praises, in the air
miter –the office of the superior and inferior;
crosier –the significance of the all the heir
behold, all you pilgrim peoples of Peter.
+ Chant and Stories, from the great book
quill –the different between then and now;
paper –the message between what and how
behold, all you nations and tongues of his flock.
+ Wine and Bread, on the table
cup –the contrast between blood and water;
plate –the fill between human taste and desire
behold, all you brethren who adhere to Paul.
+ Gestures and Language, inside the house
us –the pray, the pay and the obey;
him –the sacrifice of death unto his prey
behold, all you tribes of the apostles.
Jordan Legaspi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (@ Divine + Machine + by Jordan Legaspi )
- In Fantasia, Harry Freeman
- Its 3: 00 A.M, Ajay Vyas
- No Love Lost For My Questioning Love, Sfisesihle Nxumalo
- God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- earthenware are you?, Mandolyn ...
- light bulbs flicker for a reason, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)