Do you believe in God?
I'm down on my knees thanking You
My palms and my eyes facing the sky
You proved to me once again
You were right here with me
Listening to my prayers.
You have sent me signs before
Some call them internal signs
Little do they know of Your existence
When others state that You have died
You are proving to me,
coincidence after coincidence,
that You are listening.
That You will have the whole universe
conspire on my behalf
to satisfy, not just a caprice,
but to only get what I've earned
by investing my soul for months.
I know what to do with this now.
Enlightenment and health is all I'm asking
Not wealth or beauty or career
Enlightenment to make wise choices in life.
When all else fails,
I treasure Your gifts:
my three angels
and You in my heart.
CeCe Lamberts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do you believe in God? by CeCe Lamberts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Be Positive, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Night Within, tolu ogundare
- Unfulfilled Dream, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Will of God, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Scare crow, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Legacies; Mothers And Daughters; Sewing, Karen Swenson
- On the boat of Memory, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- War and Hunger, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- For All Seasons, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- We, Karen Swenson