Do you believe in God?
I'm down on my knees thanking You
My palms and my eyes facing the sky
You proved to me once again
You were right here with me
Listening to my prayers.
You have sent me signs before
Some call them internal signs
Little do they know of Your existence
When others state that You have died
You are proving to me,
coincidence after coincidence,
that You are listening.
That You will have the whole universe
conspire on my behalf
to satisfy, not just a caprice,
but to only get what I've earned
by investing my soul for months.
I know what to do with this now.
Enlightenment and health is all I'm asking
Not wealth or beauty or career
Enlightenment to make wise choices in life.
When all else fails,
I treasure Your gifts:
my three angels
and You in my heart.
CeCe Lamberts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do you believe in God? by CeCe Lamberts )
- LIVING DEATH, Roberto Randazzo
- If you hate me, Aftab Alam
- We remember them, Royston Allen
- The Last poem, Kamal Nasser
- In The Stars And Sun, Michael McParland
- LIMERICK-6 (Chemistry question), Saheb Mohapatra
- Limerick-46, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Haiku-3 (DEATH), Saheb Mohapatra
- Survivors, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- where do I start, Steven S. Walsky
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I Am Offering This Poem, Jimmy Santiago Baca
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
Percy Bysshe Shelley