Does it open?
The door was closed
But I patiently stood
Counting every second
Moments after moments
Growing into long minutes
Never ending hours
Made the day hopeless
Praying aloud hapless
Why are the doors merciless?
Can't they have little kindness?
Saw a cloud of silent
Inch by inch broadened
The door at last opened
Widening towards skyline
Status smiled ONLINE !
Rekha Mandagere's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Does it open? by Rekha Mandagere )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper
- In Search Of Americans, Joe Sadeghloo
- Write down everything, gajanan mishra
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki