Don't Ask God
Don’t ask God for wisdom lest he give you folly to teach your heart.
Don’t ask God for wealth lest he give you poverty to make you depend on him.
Don’t ask God for vision lest he give you blindness to guide your way.
Don’t ask God for strength lest he give you weakness to sustain you.
Don’t ask God for protection lest he give you adversity, so he can fight for you.
Don’t ask God for progress lest he give you stillness so you can know him.
Don’t ask God for water lest he give you thirst, so you can seek the living water.
Don’t ask God for food lest he give you hunger for righteousness.
Don’t ask God for joy, lest he give you mourning to put your heart on eternity.
Don’t ask God for beauty lest he give you ashes to teach you how to look inward.
Don’t ask God for friends lest he give you enemies so he can be your friend.
Don’t ask God for life lest he give you death to mortify your flesh.
Don’t ask God for crown lest he give you a cross to save your soul.
In self righteousness,
Don’t ask God for anything
Don’t ask God for something
Don’t ask God for everything
Just ask God for God.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Ask God by Isaac 'slimx' )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore