Don't Get Better Without Me
It's almost like I crave the pain.
I don't want to be numb to this.
I can't get better.
That means I'll get better without you.
If I'm without you,
And I'm better,
then you will just be part of my past, and I swore I'd never let that happen.
I want you to be my present,
And my future.
I don't want to end up like you;
Afraid and almost unable to let go of what is nothing but a memory.
To you it seems like its real because it's happening all over again.
I don't want to feel the pain, but I only want it to disappear if this gets better.
Don't forget me.
And not cause you said you wouldn't.
Don't forget me because you don't want to forget who I am and what I mean to you.
If what I mean to you is even half of what you mean to me then I'm okay with that..
It hurts because everything that you mean to me is everything she meant to you and still does.
I want a fair chance.
What I deserve was taken away from me.
But not just taken,
Tortured and turned into something I had always feared.
I ask God why and its no longer in the form of a prayer.
That scares me..
I'm scared because I don't feel Him anymore.
I know He is there.
But my soul has been emptied out and darkened by harsh decisions.
Let me go.
Let me be and have what I want.
I've asked for nothing but to love.
Sometimes that is also too much to ask.
Kay Tee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Get Better Without Me by Kay Tee )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- She looks nice, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Frozen Breeze!, rajendran muthiah
- ZZ Your Wish Is Granted, Saiom Shriver
- There Is No Good In Goodbye, Casarah Nance
- the old tatered guilt, Clara Keiper
- Going Ahead, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Richard Doe, Adeosun Olamide
- The Most Important Part, Loyd C. Taylor
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon