Don't Try to Decode Me
Don't try to decode me;
Enter into any liberties,
Never try to read my mind,
So aloof cause you're not my kind.
You're a bore and so uncouth;
And you wouldn't know the truth
If it bludgeoned you in the eye-
And this is all more reason why
My words won't tell a thing to you,
There's nothing you can say or do:
Don't bother taking me to task;
I'm hidden well: I wear the Mask.
No treason makes my blood turn cold
No actions make my own less bold
Don't need limelight, in which to bask:
I'm self contained; I wear the Mask.
No one can recognize or know
The real me, behind the show;
The Mask contain conveniently
So I can be more vehement me.
I'll let you live if you'll retreat
Away from me and do not seek
To move the Mask aside to find
The real face that lives behind.
Worn so long, that now my face
Has rotted off, inside this place
I'm just a skull, inside this frame
Though once I had a living name.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Try to Decode Me by Patti Masterman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry
- Hidden Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Francine, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The face of a young woman in pink, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Segundas/Sobre reudas, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Snail Talk for Rosemary, Daniel Brick
- Dear Greg, Roxanne Dubarry
- Rosy flower, hasmukh amathalal
- Ideas, gajanan mishra
- Clad in Stars, Steven Rhoads