A dream I had
was weird, was bad
was very sad.
I saw the world
all set on fire
to fulfill all small desires
the world was set on a fire.
Everyone on a race
to begin a chase.
To fulfill small little desires
the world was set on fire.
The hunger to success
had made many depressed.
All on a chase
many obstacles had to be faced
throughout the race.
In the dream I saw
all hearts were raw
without any sentiments
life with no contents.
I saw the world set on fire
to fulfill little desires.
The dream horrified me
It woke me up an made me to freeze.
It made me open my eyes
and I realized.
The world out of dreams is also on fire
as people don't deserve what they desire
and yet they do desire........
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream by Areena Arora )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Treasuring Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flair, douglas scotney
- Feel the pain, gajanan mishra
- Inhaling Breaths Of Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where Chants Collide, Richard Jarboe
- SUPER LOVER~~ Michael Mcparland! ! ! !, Mr. Nobody
- Solid Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fallen flower, hasmukh amathalal
- We all cry, hasmukh amathalal
- Innate Supply Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak