See, see the dreamy sky,
Marvel at its big pinkish depths,
Makes you feel refreshed.
That looks like cotton candy ice cream.
Lollipops growing in fields of candy dreams.
Everything under the big dreamy sky.
Lakes of chocolate milk and soda pop,
Mermaids swimming in lakes of strawberry syrup.
Jelly beans falling from trees,
Smells of peanut butter cookies in the air,
Potato chips eaten by purple deer,
Kitties chasing dogs,
Rats chasing kitty cats,
Lion and deer playing tennis.
I don't have to wonder why. I can't see the stars,
Behind the sky of cotton candy ice cream.
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream Land by Ronald Chapman )
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)