Dreamers Thinkers Believers
Humans, we're being taught to sit back
and keep away from associating big words to 'I'.
Sir Modesty, would be a tool to soothe the soul
but also be a heavy chain, the escape from
our kind lady Moderation's control.
At a first glance, thoughts about those
dreamers thinkers believers making me gasp: 'Wow! '
How great, to have a mind preoccupied by changes
such a noble thing!
Yet again, I was reminded that those people
were often singled out, isolated, and given
only laughs rather than admiration claps.
How many of this world's dreamers, thinkers
or believers lives ended in poverty and loneliness?
Who could count them all? To how many out of all
were gifted a social great glory?
Yet, I would dare to guess, the unknown were not filled
with much unhappiness.
As they may have found something that could never be bought
with a favor at the court
or, to these days huge accounts at several banks.
Those people found the freedom of mind,
freedom of soul.
Is there a greater happiness?
After all, maybe I was right to say 'WoW! '
One day after long gone
I could hardly have the honor to be perceived as such:
A dreamer that dreamed of peaceful worlds,
Yet such would never stop me try to find new ways
walk the people back on the Nature's path
as believers, grateful followers of Her Highness,
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreamers Thinkers Believers by Elena Sandu )
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)