No matter how practical a mortal seems,
Can any mortal ever say,
That in the night or during the day,
He never dreams?
All living beings have different thoughts and feelings,
So they dream of diverse things.
Poets dream of beauty and romance,
While the worldly-wise crave for freedom, fun and finance.
Children dream of absolute merriment,
While the senile seek spiritual fulfillment.
The teenager yearns for his lover,
But the hermit prefers the silence of nature’s bower.
A dream reveals the mischief of our subconscious mind,
And relieves us from the pressures of our daily grind.
It transports us into a trance like state,
And every desire, it secretly satiates.
To all hidden thoughts and sentiments,
A dream always gives a much needed vent.
Even when everything in life goes wrong,
Our dreams inspire us to move on.
Dreams are like motion pictures created inside a mortal’s mind,
And they always help us to relax and unwind.
Dreams offer at least a temporary respite,
From the regular gift of sorrows that our Generous God so graciously provides.
By offering us this free form of entertainment,
With mortals, Guilty Mr. God, seems to have made a settlement.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Supriya Prathapan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar
- I don't know what to think of it, shubham sutar
- you lives in me, shubham sutar
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola