She stares into the open,
Wishing there were more.
Tears always falling,
She's never been so torn.
Farther back it seems,
She's going everyday.
No words does she possess,
It wouldn't matter anyway.
Where can she go,
When there's no where left to turn.
A tear escapes her eye,
She feels it start to burn.
She feel's no hate,
Just anguish in her heart.
She's sitting on a ledge,
She's starting to fall apart.
She's slowly giving up,
Tearing at the seams.
Everything shes wanted,
Will forever be her dreams.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Karissa Earley )
- The Sky Above, vikram adhikari
- Burton & Taylor, Bill Grace
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The inward echo, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Be A Man With Humanity, gajanan mishra
- Wild Thyme Of Bearded Hogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- For Time Was Deep, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Cant Have You, Tracee Olga
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)