She stares into the open,
Wishing there were more.
Tears always falling,
She's never been so torn.
Farther back it seems,
She's going everyday.
No words does she possess,
It wouldn't matter anyway.
Where can she go,
When there's no where left to turn.
A tear escapes her eye,
She feels it start to burn.
She feel's no hate,
Just anguish in her heart.
She's sitting on a ledge,
She's starting to fall apart.
She's slowly giving up,
Tearing at the seams.
Everything shes wanted,
Will forever be her dreams.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Karissa Earley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Call Bridge, Dwitun Basumatary
- unsaid feelings, tulip mayer
- Earth, Robert Ronnow
- Way home on a Train, Dwitun Basumatary
- Our House In Winter, Tony Adah
- The X-Man, Dwitun Basumatary
- Wintertime, Damian Murphy
- One cloudy summer night, Kenneth Maswabi
- The Fog, Dwitun Basumatary
- Her sweet love, Kenneth Maswabi