Drink deep the cup you are given,
Let the wine caress your tongue;
Breathe deep with every breath
Let the incense fill your head.
Your nose was made for fragrance,
Your tongue for sweet delights;
Drink deep the joy of living,
Drain dry the cup of love.
The miracle of the bread
is in the eating,
The wonder of the wine
Is in the drinking.
Dance with wild abandon,
Make every breath an aria;
Every heartbeat thunders praise,
To the God who made it all
With you in mind.
Drink Deep, Carpe Diem, l'chaim!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drink Deep by Jeffrey Stultz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra
- A praise or A Satire, Aftab Alam
- Perfection Beyond Yin Yang, Monk E. Biz
- Joint campaign, hasmukh amathalal
- Women of Tahrir Square, Abdullah alHemaidy