Drinking the Moon
I have planned and dreamt of this trophy of gold,
The halo of silver, around in which it molds.
I have cradles this idea and nursed it to true plan,
I have fed it seeds of confidence, O this is so grand!
How lofty atop your kingdom's throne you rest,
Pray, dim these stars, for (alone) your grace shines best.
No cloud can cloak your clean face of white,
For however masked, somehow, somewhere, you glow so bright!
You have marked your loyal entrance through water and sky,
I cannot quite reach you, but by me you lie.
A bed of water, I have crafted for you,
So near me you lay when I dream of us two.
Masiela Lusha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drinking the Moon by Masiela Lusha )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- For smooth sailing, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Genuine respect, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Let go of my wrist!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A sweet dream..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- She is I, Shweta Nair
- Poetic Sleeping Habits ~there are none, LUVinThe NOW
- Passing No Judgement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An odd adventure...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Falling Leaves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Momentarily, Lawrence S. Pertillar