Ms. Anika Martinez
Drop In Emotions...
My Right To Be Where I Need To Be…
Disappoint leads to my anger and hostility.
Hostile leads to my danger zone.
Rejection is my enemy.
Embarrassment is goes back to disappoint.
Never ending cycle of lost 0 tolerances.
Patience is virtue.
I feel like leashing out.
I will act as if, and be adult.
Life over varies events.
Respect is due to the life I live.
I need to find my way back home.
Everything around me is turning red
I being pulled in the darkness that I am use too
It feels comfortable
That is never good
I am trying hard to respond differently
Then the way I use to.
People are who they say they are
It is up to me differ ate
What is acceptable to me
What is unacceptable.
My boundaries will not be cross
Only if I allow them to be crossed over
The victim in me wants me to wallow in the self-pity
She is use to swimming in the shallow waters
I will not allow her to bring me down
I am a woman with much to offer
Anyone who has the ability to appreciate a woman like myself
If not I want beg or borrow anyone
I understand the fact that people get caught up
But have the right to choose.
My right to be where I want to be
Ms. Anika Martinez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drop In Emotions... by Ms. Anika Martinez )
- Washing Upon The Shore, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You Will Not Die, Paul Sebastian
- the world the flesh and the devill, ademola oluwabusayo
- If This Were My Last Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Just the Right Madness: A Found Poem, Frank Avon
- COPLA 111 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Nature's Sanctuary, Khairul Ahsan
- Gray Tears, herbert guitang
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.49, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.48, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)