..........................Dunces In A Confederacy
After reading 'The Confederacy of Dunces' (Pulitzer Novel of 1983? set in New Orleans.) , these words ring true. I lived in New Orleans for 10 years.....
Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?
Who dat? Who dat?
Who dat clown wid da big, flat feet?
You know. You know.
Sometimes be yo neighbor,
Sometimes be yo frien...
Nevah yo enemy...
But, when dem shutters close at night,
Don be a'walkin dem sidewalks.
Nevah dat alley bee-tween houses.
Don be a'lookin out yo window, ether.
The knife will always stab yo back...
Never yo front...
Why is dat?
Why is dat?
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (..........................Dunces In A Confederacy by elysabeth faslund )
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey